You don’t need more time...
You need more joy.
Relax and let go
Remember what thrills you
Forget rules, plans, To Do lists
Who do you want to be right now? "You can find a more optimistic point by stepping back into a more general place."
Have an itinerary... but write it in pencil
Have a plan ... but don't hold to it too tightly
Because surprises are the best part
"Too much effort…trying too hard…is not letting the laws of the universe do what they will naturally do – bring you everything you want in the best possible way."
A Riverflow Renewal is an opening...
- Explore: Ancient scenery, art, food, music ... Florence is the birthplace of renewal
- Awaken: Dive deep into daily hot yoga and restorative yoga and create a breakthrough
- Wander: Lose yourself on the streets of Florence and the hills of Tuscany and find a new way home
- Expand: Meditate to restore your clarity and awaken your inner guidance
- Nourish: Savor foods of the region prepared with love, without guilt
- Challenge: Learn strategies to create a resilient life of personal empowerment
- Appreciate: Learn ways to de-stress and restore your appreciation for your life
- Invigorate: Rediscover your life of surprise and adventure
"Right now you are fresh and new because the Universe is always responding to your vibration right now. It doesn’t matter where you’ve been; it doesn’t matter why; if the desire you have right now is pure and unencumbered by your stories of why it isn’t or cant be, the Universe will respond and deliver to you, right now."
A typical day? No such thing.
But you might find...
- HOT YOGA: For over 45 years yoga has been my answer to everything from aging gracefully to maintaining a healthy attitude. Hot Yoga for strength and stamina, Yoga Nidra for restorative relaxation: as we interweave these two practices throughout the week you will feel a renewed sense of personal empowerment
- NOURISHMENT: It's time to make friends with food. Homemade pasta at home or Osso Bucco served at a local ristorante, eating in Italy is a sensual pleasure. Learn how to truly enjoy food and let it nourish you through all the specialties of this delicious region including gelato in every imaginable flavor…except guilt
- EXPLORATION: Florence, Lucca, Siena... the towns of Tuscany are a renewal in themselves. A hike, a wine tasting, a spa… exploring openly like you did as a child is a path to find the freedom within yourself
- MEDITATION: Do you want a life of more confidence - in your decisions and choices? Whether or not you have meditated before, Blissful Alignment Meditation will teach you to quiet the noise, and connect with your own personal inner guidance
- INSPIRATION: Are you ready to deliberately create your own life? To never feel overwhelmed without knowing how to handle it? The Blissful Warrior Workshops, based on my book, will teach you to create balance even when life seems stressful. Blissful Warrior is a small intimate experience that will touch on many issues of your life
- ADVENTURE: A cooking lesson in a Tuscan farmhouse... A taste of Italian nightlife... A sunset at Piazzale Michelangelo. Experience a sense of freedom by being open to this moment and the power of living in the Now
"Guide your thoughts based upon what you feel, not upon what anyone else feels is the right or wrong thing to think, feel or be."
Questions, answers, tips and treats
WHAT ARE THE DATES OF THE RIVERFLOW YOGA BLISSFUL WARRIOR RENEWAL?
Friday November 3rd to Friday November 10th, 2017
(We left the last weekend open ... ask us about that)
WHERE DOES IT TAKE PLACE?
Our home base is Florence, Italy, the birthplace of renewal: the Italian Renaissance
What are you ready to renew? Appreciation for your body... your faith in yourself?
It's time to reawaken what's real within you..
"Be easy about it as you practice the power of your own mind and step back into a remembering of who you are…you are worthy of every idea that comes to you and the resources are all around to assist you in the deliberate creation of your life."
If your life needs a reset, you're in the perfect place
WHERE WILL WE STAY?
"You’ve got to make peace with where you are before you can get to anyplace else."
On the other side of the Arno River in an area known as the Diladdarno is Palazzo San Niccolò,located in a neighborhood of sumptuous Renaissance palaces and lush gardens, close to museums and churches yet off the beaten path. Here you'll find Florentine artisans in their workshops creating unique art, clothing, jewelry and leather crafts. Inside Palazzo San Niccolo you will feel the warmth of antiquity and the heart of Florence.
Hidden behind Palazzo San Niccolò is the private garden, a natural oasis of peaceful green space - to relax, meditate, gather for restorative Yoga Nidra. Breakfasts, lunches or dinners here are prepared by our chefs with fresh foods from their own farms... and with love.
The decor is mid-century modern chic. The feeling is quiet luxury. Comfortable beauty. Home away from home. Each double-occupancy apartment is beautifully appointed with shared bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette, some with sitting rooms. Common spaces for gathering, quiet nooks for private reflection. Elegant, vintage Italian. Our very own Palazzo San Niccolo.
'There is nothing holding you apart from want you want except your tenacious holding to what is rather than telling the story of what you truly want."
HOW DO I GET THERE?
- Fly into and out of MILAN MALPENSA airport
- UNITED AIRLINES from Newark and EMIRATES AIRLINES from JFK offer the best nonstop flights and airfares (around $650 Roundtrip NonStop 6 hour flight.) We are traveling off season so prices are great. Budget airlines like WOW as well as major airlines also offer flights with stopovers in European cities.
- TAKE THE TRAIN FROM MILAN TO FLORENCE... an easy 90 minutes TRENITALIA train station is located downstairs in MALPENSA AIRPORT; purchase roundtrip tickets to Florence to plan for your return flight
- At Florence station take a 10 minute taxi to Palazzo San Niccolo - address Via San Niccolo 79, Firenze
- Use WHATSAPP to text upon arrival at the station to say you're on your way
WHERE DO WE DO HOT YOGA?
Palazzo San Niccolo has its own sweet little space for our hot yoga studio. We are welcoming the local Florentines to join us for hot yoga. Get to know the people of Florence and get ready to hear hot yoga taught in both English and Italian: an instant immersion into the poetic sounds of Italy
WHAT IS OUR GROUP LIKE?
Small, intimate, welcoming...the advantage of small group travel is we can be flexible, and go places large tour groups can't. On any given day we can change our course, chart a new journey, wander off the beaten path as a Blissful Warrior does so easily...and as you will learn how to do in your life, starting now.
Life, Italian style...long lunches and espresso on the go, indoor museums and an outdoor evening Passiagiata across the Ponte Vecchio, group discussions and time alone to journal, to dream, to discover something new...about yourself
"You don’t have to justify anything you want, just set your signal to what you want and practice the purity of that signal by feeling good, soothing yourself, appreciating and having more fun."
WHAT ARE OUR MEALS LIKE?
Tuscan salads with silenced cellphones....ah, to disconnect from the iphone and make eye contact across a feast prepared just for you.
Here all meals are a celebration. And here, where eating is an art, food can finally become your friend.
Some meals will be homemade by chefs at our Palazzo - traditional Italian ‘farm-to-table’ foods of the region. Others will be served in the ambiance of local ristoranti
After dinner the celebration of mealtime continues with the Pasaggiata: an evening stroll into Florence's streets, across its many bridges, into the lively social nightlife.
Our local hosts are Elisa and Angel, longtime residents of Florence, and their two charming daughters, Lara and Blanca (you may remember reading about them in my book, The Blissful Warrior). Elisa, a tour guide and Angel, a wine sommalier, have arranged an Italian family experience for us. Elisa's cousin is the owner of our renovated Palazzo in Florence; her mother Grazia along with her partner Luigi, are our Italian chefs; and Elisa and Angel have arranged to share with us all their insider views of this famous region they call home. You may even find Elisa taking a hot yoga class or two with us...
Let Rhonda know if you have any food allergies or special diet requirements
ARE THERE EXCURSIONS?
Yes, and here's some of what we currently have planned (but be open to surprises)
- Florence on Foot: The Ponte Vecchio, the David, the piazzas and fountains, the shops of gold and leather
- A Farmhouse Cooking Tour
- Sunset at Piazzale Michelangelo
- A Wine Tasting
- Lucca, Siena, San Gimigiano... explore the towns of Tuscany
Excursions add adventure ... but sometimes you may feel the pull to stay at home. Feel free. There's much to see and do in Florence itself and surprises await those who wander... hear Mass in Latin in an ancient church, commune with Michelangelo as you walk the street where he lived. Everything is an opportunity
"Whenever you feel that tension, back away and say something to soothe yourself. 'I have the potential to get where I want... I’m doing really well. I understand it may not come all at once – I love the steady stream of things in my life. I can feel that my work is just to relax and allow it. It's alright for me to slow down and catch my breath a little."
WHAT SHOULD I PACK?
November in Florence is a lot like November in New Jersey: a mix of weather. Bring sweaters or jackets for cooler evenings, a sun hat for day. Rain poncho and small umbrella. Always 2-3 pairs of comfortable shoes and sneakers. Three hot yoga outfits. A dress up outfit for nightlife. Florence is famous for fashion, gold and silver, pottery and leather so leave some room in your luggage.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 7 days/7 nights accommodations in Palazzo San Niccolo, Florence, Italy: double occupancy apartments with single beds/shared bedroom, bathroom, sitting room, kitchenette, diningroom
- 2 meals daily (breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner)
- Daily Hot Yoga/Yoga Nidra/Blissful Meditation
- Blissful Warrior Workshops: inspired by Rhonda’s new book: The Blissful Warrior: Living the Paradox of Peace and Passion for Today's Empowered Woman.
- Special Yoga Workshops
- Local excursions
- Happy surprises
Additional: Roundtrip Airfare; transport within Italy; some restaurants
How do I register?
$2,997 Late Registration/ while openings last
Limited to 10
Want to find out if this journey is for you? Call Rhonda at 848-702-5271
"You can't get to where you want from a place of discontent, you’ve got to change the way you see yourself. When you look in the mirror as you are and like what you see, then what you see will change."
NOTES FROM A TRAVELER:
HOW TO TRAVEL LIKE A YOGI...
Leave behind your stress and worry
Travel light. Go easy.
- Pack snacks ...I like having good food when I'm in transit. Nuts, dark chocolate and dried fruit are my go-to
- Minimize JET LAG: drink lots of water and avoid alcohol before, during, and immediately after your flight
- Drink lots of water on your flight. I also like tomato juice - salt is a pick-me-up
- Eat lightly on your flight(s) - the gourmet food is waiting in Italy
- Night sleep is important: get a travel mask for sleep during your flight
- If you have a layover, consider exploring your stopover city on your way home. Its a great way to extend your Renewal experience. Return to the airport with ample time for your connecting flight home. Uber offers reliable transport and AIRBNB offers cozy accommodations close to airports. For MILAN, ask RHONDA for her favorite AIRBNB
- Be flexible with departure dates and times for best airfares
- Stay longer for better flight options and airfares
- Allow ample time between connecting flights; sometimes flights are delayed. A Blissful Warrior isn't rattled
- Get travel insurance
- Get overseas health insurance
- When you find a great flight, book it! Airfares fluctuate
- PASSPORT ALERT: Ensure your passport is valid a full 3 months after your return date.
- Budget flights charge for oversized/overweight luggage; weigh/ measure carefully
- EMAIL US YOUR FLIGHT(S) ITINERARY as soon as you book
- ONE MORE TIME: CONFIRM YOUR PASSPORT
- If you have a special diet or food allergy, let us know
- Budget $25 per day for meals out at fabulous local restaurants
Things are different here; you're not in Kansas anymore
Wherever you go, bring your sense of humor
Remember: you're here to feel relaxed, enthused, blissful
Be ready to let go of everything that's not
and be certain that things are always working out for you
...because they are